Angels Of Pangya Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Angels Of Pangya Den

Albatross18, Angels of Pangya guild

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Quit Rate (Everyone must read)

Go down 
+2
SaintTaz
Sir Dudeman
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Sir Dudeman
Amateur
Amateur
Sir Dudeman

Male
Number of posts : 157
Registration date : 2007-04-22

Quit Rate (Everyone must read) Empty
PostSubject: Quit Rate (Everyone must read)   Quit Rate (Everyone must read) Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2007 11:32 pm

Your quit rate reflects directly on what kind of players you are. If your quit rate is higher then 15% somethings is wrong. D/Cs does not account for much higher then that. If your quit rate is higher then 15% get it down. Play a bunch of back to back three holes, something.

If you have a quit rate above 15% you will not be eligable to play in any events or asked to join any AOP Tournys. Like the rest of us, if you have a bad game just live with it. It is very aggrevating to be playing and all of a sudden your opponents quits, or your in a small tourny and you have people quit that take away from the amount of trophies are available.

There are guilds we wont play because of their quit rate. WE will not be named as such. We dont let people in anymore with high quit rates. Some of our memebers are rediculous and enough is enough, get your quit rate down. If you must maintain quiting then please sign yourself out of the Guild.. Enough said.

The whole staff of AOP
Back to top Go down
SaintTaz
Admin
Admin
SaintTaz

Male
Number of posts : 194
Registration date : 2007-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Quit Rate (Everyone must read)   Quit Rate (Everyone must read) Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2007 11:11 am

Fantastic!!! Couldnt have said it better Kerry!!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
MirecU
Junior
Junior
MirecU

Male
Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2007-04-26

PostSubject: Re: Quit Rate (Everyone must read)   Quit Rate (Everyone must read) Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2007 6:00 am

yerek wrote:
Your quit rate reflects directly on what kind of players you are. If your quit rate is higher then 15% somethings is wrong. D/Cs does not account for much higher then that.

Well... D/C can make your q% higher that 15% Arcuade had problems with his internet connection and he was DC almost from every game he played. So he got q% above 30%. But his internet provider repaired that problem and Arc managed to reduce his q% to 8%. Smile

BTW: I hate the keyboards that have "power", "sleep" and "wake" keys above directional keys (the arrows) (and below the Delete, End and PgDwn keys. Yesterday I wanted to shoot top powerspin and accidentally pressed the power button and my computer shut down... Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
MirecU
Junior
Junior
MirecU

Male

PostSubject: Re: Quit Rate (Everyone must read)   Quit Rate (Everyone must read) Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2007 4:55 pm

Just imagine your internet connection goes down every five minutes in the evening...

BTW: mravcolev1 has a problem. After playing a short time there a message appears "An error has occurred" and the game quits. And its hard to get the q% down coz it happens after playing just 2-3 holes. So its sometimes imposibe to finish 3 holes games. He asked at albatross helpdesk but still..
Has or had someone same problem? Or do you have some tips what may cause the game to "generate" errors? The problem is not in the internet connection.
Back to top Go down
maddog1976
Senior
Senior
maddog1976

Male
Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2007-05-17

PostSubject: quit rate   Quit Rate (Everyone must read) Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2007 11:55 am

I myself keep mine below 10% because for me any thing higher makes me look bad. And considering disconnects I can understand why it could be higher but for me 15% quit rate with getting disconnected WILL NEVER happen cause then there is really something wrong.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/maddogoftheunderworld
MirecU
Junior
Junior
MirecU

Male

PostSubject: Re: Quit Rate (Everyone must read)   Quit Rate (Everyone must read) Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2007 5:26 pm

Well... I agree to that. There was really something wrong - something with the phone line. So only his provider could repair that. I wrote about Arcs problem coz he had q% of 33% and that was not his fault. It was just an example. Would you quit when you are wining, have 2500pang, going to make a new record?

But generally, I agree that 15% is too much. I keep my q% bellow 3%. Too bad that you don't get a bonus on albatross18 when your q% is bellow 2% Smile Angel wings would look great on my character. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
~~Icey~~
Admin
Admin
~~Icey~~

Female
Number of posts : 127
Registration date : 2007-05-05

PostSubject: Re: Quit Rate (Everyone must read)   Quit Rate (Everyone must read) Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2007 1:36 pm

well i'm sorry to see he really did have a problem but most importantly glad to see its been fixed now he can work hard on bringing his quit rate back down to where he want it I didnt mean to start a bickering match I was just trying to make a point as to kerry being right and how that not only reflects on our individual selfs but it also reflects on our guild I know the staff works hard to make this the best guild they can for us members now I beleave us members need to work even harder to make our guild the best we can for the staff and ourselfs because without each and every one of us there would be no AOP the top dogs in albatross and with that I'd like to send out 321 thank yous one to each eand every member of AOP we ROCK!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Quit Rate (Everyone must read)   Quit Rate (Everyone must read) Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2007 9:08 pm

I say Bah, quit rate shouldent effect anything.... me myself, I quit..
darn right I quit, when I get some strange lagg, or I got pang mastery, I will flat out quit.. yes I have had some cable issues and wierd reboot's in middle of games... I try not to quit Vs matches, but as for tournies... shouldent matter...
If yall wont invite me to youre little shin dig's becuse I float from 9% and 18% then delete me... I am honest and stright forward... Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: for ZAZZ   Quit Rate (Everyone must read) Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2007 12:22 am

Well if that is how you feel we dont have to delete you. On the AOP site that albatross 18 gives us there is a button that says. Leave the guild quit or what ever it says. You can quit anytime you want. These are the rules that we have setup b/c other ppl in albatross that look at your stats and see that your quit rate is high and it reflects on AOP. It makes the whole guild look like we are quitters. Do you think these great members of AOP want ppl to look at them like they are quitters. Just go and ask some AOP members. If you need some names of our members just let me know. Have a great day kind sir
Back to top Go down
Sir Dudeman
Amateur
Amateur
Sir Dudeman

Male

PostSubject: WHAT????   Quit Rate (Everyone must read) Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2007 1:08 am

(fire)Zazz(fire) wrote:
I say Bah, quit rate shouldent effect anything.... me myself, I quit..
darn right I quit, when I get some strange lagg, or I got pang mastery, I will flat out quit.. yes I have had some cable issues and wierd reboot's in middle of games... I try not to quit Vs matches, but as for tournies... shouldent matter...
If yall wont invite me to youre little shin dig's becuse I float from 9% and 18% then delete me... I am honest and stright forward... Twisted Evil

Kerry Said:
I'm sorry you feel that way, But with over 325 members we need a few simples rule to avoid a free-for-all, and people getting mad at each other. Quit rate isnt just one of my pet peeves but a lot of others, and it is just common decency for others. As I have said many times, this is NOT Brad or My Guild, It is everyones because without the members we have, we havent an AOP Guild. Thats one of the main reasons we have 6 People on the admin staff, AND we vote on everything, including our rules. That makes it a democratic rule Guild. IF you really feel that way then Brad did an excellant explanation on the way to get out.

Sorry

Kerry
Back to top Go down
SaintTaz
Admin
Admin
SaintTaz

Male
Number of posts : 194
Registration date : 2007-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Quit Rate (Everyone must read)   Quit Rate (Everyone must read) Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2007 1:18 am

I'll add my name to that list of ppl you can talk to about how I feel about quitters. I hate em. I understand d/c's etc. But just quit??? If you feel that you cant abide by the few simple rules we made for our guild..... cya.
Back to top Go down
maddog1976
Senior
Senior
maddog1976

Male

PostSubject: quit rate Re- (fire)Zazz(fire)   Quit Rate (Everyone must read) Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2007 2:32 am

Hey everyone is right about guild members having their quit rate below 15%. And just because you have pang mastery makes no difference to me or not, but to just quit a game is foolish. Look at it like this... win or loose you are going to get some pang as well as some needed experience. I don't like to play with quitters let alone like them making me look like a quitter. I do understand that everyone gets disconnected from time to time but to just quit.... I just don't understand. I guess for me it just ticks me off when some one quits.
Back to top Go down
Kenogrl

PostSubject: Re: Quit Rate (Everyone must read)   Quit Rate (Everyone must read) Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2007 2:40 am

I agree I understand if beyond your control you get disconnected however to openly admit you quit for what reason?? You hit bad off a Tee and bam your game is over? Not only does it look bad towards you but also don't you think that Portrays bad sportsmanship.. Really if you think about it who wants to waste time playing with a quitter? By making these rules we are not trying to be mean but like all the above posts indicates it helps to try and maintain some kind of order that EVERYONE has to follow. If a guild with complete chaos and you can do whatever you want is what you are looking for than I am afraid AoP isn't the right guild for you or anyone else who might share your thoughts . I stand with everyone else in saying you know what to do.

Sorry if trying to follow a few simple rules clashes with your gaming style.
Back to top Go down
maddog1976
Senior
Senior
maddog1976

Male

PostSubject: Quit Rate   Quit Rate (Everyone must read) Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2007 2:58 am

I think (fire)Zazz(fire) will understand that all of the members of aop like the rules of the guild and come to the realization that the rules are fair as well understandable.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Quit Rate (Everyone must read)   Quit Rate (Everyone must read) Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2007 2:03 pm

And at first the highest quit rate you could have was 10%. But a staff member say it should be 15 % and some other staff members agreed with it.
Back to top Go down
maddog1976
Senior
Senior
maddog1976

Male

PostSubject: quit rate   Quit Rate (Everyone must read) Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2007 12:13 am

Well I think that it is more than fair.
Back to top Go down
db
Admin
Admin
db

Male
Number of posts : 36

PostSubject: Re: Quit Rate (Everyone must read)   Quit Rate (Everyone must read) Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2007 10:45 am

I've read, and listened, to most of the comments regarding this issue and tend to agree with the consensus that 15% is more than reasonable. As far as quitting tourneys because you are not doing well: I myself have lost out on medals because of quitters, and refuse to do that to others. When I have a bad start, I just change my focus to the most possible pang. I would hope that this rule wouldn't cause anyone to want to leave the guild, but I guess everyone can't be made happy. Best wishes. jocolor
Back to top Go down
maddog1976
Senior
Senior
maddog1976

Male

PostSubject: quit rate   Quit Rate (Everyone must read) Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2007 4:18 pm

Well you cant have a good game all the time. However win or loose a person can still have fun!!!
Back to top Go down
~~Icey~~
Admin
Admin
~~Icey~~

Female
Number of posts : 127
Registration date : 2007-05-05

PostSubject: Re: Quit Rate (Everyone must read)   Quit Rate (Everyone must read) Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2007 5:36 am

WELL THERE EVERYONE HAS IT NOT ONLY HAVE THE MEMBERS OF AOP SPOKE BUT THE STAFF TO AND WE'RE ALL AGREED ON THE SAME THING IF YOU CANT HAVE A DECENT QUIT RATE THEN AOP IS NOT FOR YOU AND YOU ARE NOT FOR US. THAT BOTTON BRAD WAS TALKING ABOUT MAY BE THE WAY FOR YOU SORRY TO SEE YOU GO BUT THIS IS A GUILD WHO STANDS TOGETHER
AND FIGHTING THE QUIT RATE ISSUE FOR ANYONE IS TRUELY A LOOSING BATTLE
Back to top Go down
MirecU
Junior
Junior
MirecU

Male

PostSubject: Re: Quit Rate (Everyone must read)   Quit Rate (Everyone must read) Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2007 1:29 pm

BTW: Someone could place here the tips about DCs that were send by email.

mike weins wrote:
the things i have discovered over the years that slow down connections, are the following..

nortons anti virus - i would dump this as it is crap anyway , and is notoruis for slowing down any computers connection
macafee anti virus- see above
i have built , and run computers for over 20 years, and i have only ever gotten one virus that was my fault. i had gone to a web site i didnt know or trust. the other virus i got was from my brother downloading a "cool program" wich he was nice enough to send to all his friends as well.. needless to say he dont use my computer anymore, and has alot fewer friends as well

turn off anti spy , and anti phishing filter while playing as these can be seen by the program as a potential virus, or phishing attempt while playing the game
pop up blockers as well might bee seen by the program as a popup as well ,and try to block it

got windows xp, and on a router or modem for highspeed internet?? then more then likely you really have two firewalls up , as most isp routers have thier own firewall built into the router or modem itself to protect you

are you on dial up .... god forbid?? well you dont need a firewall (or any of the things listed above) at all because attackers arent looking for dial up connections anymore, and dont waste time trying to get something downloaded to your slow connection, wich might be detected by you while using the connection.

if your on a router for your connection consider buying a switch instead,this device is like a router hub ,but it is diffenerent in that it shares the connection instead of slamming the isp from two computers trying to get information in, and out of the isp. they are kinda like a router but have a much better capibility to transfer information through them in an organized way. i have had up to 5 computers hooked , and running on my switch (on DSL), all doing stuff on the internet with no slow downs what so ever

are you on a wireless connection?? then you probably need to consider geting wired, the time it takes to transmit, or recieve information from your wireless router could come across as lag too you , and greatly reduce your ability to play decently during any game.

now for nothing related to connections itself....
you using a wireless mouse or keyboard?? there is lag from both due to the same thing as a wireless connection , and as the battery wears down the transmitt, and recieve delays get even higher as the device has to work harder to power its transmission across the airwaves to your computer wich then has to inturpret those signals , and turn them into clicks on the screen for you...

this is my two cents worth of information i ask all gamers who come to me , and say thier connections are slow or they cant play right cause the game lags for them, or they click ,and it always misses the mark... 99% of the time its one of the reasons above that they cant play well, and most thank me for the information after they discover that i was right about atleast one or two of the items above.
Back to top Go down
Sir Dudeman
Amateur
Amateur
Sir Dudeman

Male

PostSubject: Thanks   Quit Rate (Everyone must read) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2007 5:01 pm

Thanks MirecU that was very informative and right on time.
let me add another route to problem solving
Common PC Problems Solved: The Ultimate FAQ
(Story Continued)
Stop the autoloaders
Autoloading programs, which start every time you boot Windows, cause much PC trouble. After you
start Windows, take a look at the line of tiny icons in your system tray, which is on the right end of your
taskbar (next to the clock). Those icons represent your autoloading apps, which suck up resources and
can really gum up the works. Even worse, some problem autoloaders may not advertise their presence.
To see all of your autoloading programs, and turn them off, select
Start, \Run, type msconfig, press
<Enter>, and click the Startup tab. (Windows 2000 lacks msconfig; Mike Lin's free Startup Control
Panel is a good alternative. Download it
here.)
Note which programs in your startup list are checked and which are not (you'll want to return to these
settings after you've found the troublemaker). Then uncheck them all, reboot, and see if the problem
persists. This setting disables your security software, so if your PC has a working Internet connection,
don't leave all the programs unchecked for very long, and be extremely careful about the sites you
browse to.
Common PC Problems Solved: The Ultimate FAQ - How To: MSN Tech & Gadgets
http://tech.msn.com/howto/article.aspx?cp-documentid=1233425 (1 of 5)11/14/2006 9:01:25 AM
If the problem disappears, one of the autoloaders is at fault. Use trial and error to find the miscreant:
Check all but the first entry, reboot, and if the problem persists, recheck it, uncheck the next entry,
reboot again, and so on. If the culprit is your firewall, antivirus, antispyware, or other security program,
recheck it, and then complain to the vendor or consider a competing product. You can leave other apps
unchecked.
There is a way to get more information about the programs appearing on this list: Visit
Sysinfo.org's
Startup Applications List. (see FIGURE 2: Find A more thorough description of the items in your PC's
Startup group by looking up details of your autoload programs in Sysinfo.org's Startup Applications
List.
). Or go to any search engine and enter the program name plus msconfig.
Like the monster in a bad horror movie, some unchecked autoloaders keep rising from the grave. The
software "corrects" your "mistake" of turning off the autoloading module. To insert the virtual wooden
stake, search the program's menus for an option to load at startup. When you find it, turn it off. If you
find no such option, once again, inquire with the vendor or consider the competition.
It might not be Windows
The problem could be with your hardware. An easy way to take Windows out of the loop so that you can
test your hardware is to boot from another operating system.
Yes, I just used "easy way" and "boot from another operating system" in the same sentence. Booting the
small, free Puppy Linux from a CD involves little hassle. See "
Boot Without Windows" for details
(scroll down the page to find the tip). If the problem persists in Linux, then it's likely to be something
hardware-related. Read Kirk Steers's "
Five-Minute Fixes."

http://tech.msn.com/howto/article.aspx?cp-documentid=1233425 (4 of 5)11/14/2006 9:01:25 AM
© 2006 Microsoft

http://tech.msn.com/howto/article.aspx?cp-documentid=1233425 (5 of 5)11/14/2006 9:01:25 AM
Back to top Go down
db
Admin
Admin
db

Male
Number of posts : 36

PostSubject: Re: Quit Rate (Everyone must read)   Quit Rate (Everyone must read) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2007 9:04 am

The Sysinfo.org site is great, I had a couple from the list on my computer...Darn kids, lol jocolor
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Quit Rate (Everyone must read)   Quit Rate (Everyone must read) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Quit Rate (Everyone must read)
Page 1 of 1