Angels Of Pangya Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Angels Of Pangya Den

Albatross18, Angels of Pangya guild

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Ponderings of the Admin Staff (Everyone read Please)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Sir Dudeman
Amateur
Amateur
Sir Dudeman

Male
Number of posts : 157
Registration date : 2007-04-22

The Ponderings of the Admin Staff (Everyone read Please) Empty
PostSubject: The Ponderings of the Admin Staff (Everyone read Please)   The Ponderings of the Admin Staff (Everyone read Please) Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2007 11:53 am

The Rambling thoughts of Sir Dudeman

As of the date of this message we had 344 members. It hasn't been an easy road, when you start a guild there is no guidelines on how or what to do, More than once Brad and Myself has said, "Now what?" If we couldn't figure it out we'd go to our small handful of members and ask opinions. The first couple months we had like 35 members. We'd look at The Goonsquad Guild who was #1 at the time with 175 members and say to ourselves how'd they get so big?

With the help of Brads (The Saint) recruiting skills and the members we had, we grew. The members we had stuck with us through good and bad, we made many mistakes but they stuck in there. 100% of our original 100 Guild members are still with us, for that we thank them and have special place in hearts for them. Back then I did everything by E-mail, I have since been chewed a few times for MASS e-mailing and showing others e-mail addresses, we out grew Yahoo. As we grew we needed more help, you haven't lived until you've had 10 people whisper to you at one time (LOL), the outcome sometimes isn't pretty(trying to keep all the conversation going to the the right people), You get a lot of "Huh?" We added 2 more people to our staff, MANAE and SAZ22 (SAZ22 is still with us but currently is computerless). We grew some more, BOOF got us access to the ventillo server and we asked Saint Taz to join the staff and handle vent for us, (I still think we need to call it "ANGEL TALK")

Malanee206 (who has been on my buddly list since I was a Rookie) and a couple other people suggested we needed a Forum which takes a home page to work it properly (Ithink LOL). I mentioned it a couple times in e-mails and in Guild Posts. Saint Keno took the idea and flew with it, She gave up valuable Golf Time (She works a lot)and with a little fine tuning from fugudude they created what you see here, .She surprised us one day when she gave it to us as a present. I asked Keno and Fugu to stay on and be our adminastrators and added them to our staff.

We have members from all over the World, Taiwan, Philipines, Russia, slovakia, Germany, France, England, Scotland, Brazil, Peru, Canada,Netherlands (this is not all conclusive). I have lived and been all over europe so I understand a little bit about different cultures and the way the different cultures think. But for those of you that have never experianced it, you cant understand the different up bringing and religion makes others act and react different then you do. Even here in the USA we have differeances that we dont understand, from the French Cajun Culture (sorry Brad had to throw that in), to the West Coast Surfers (Tinkscloud ;}) Canaadian Eskimoes(TAZ lol), East Coast survivors (I'm 1 of them but have since left) and the Deep south central (MANAE oops I'm in trouble, I used the MANAE word) We even have a few Gay couples. We were all raised differently Catholic, Baptist, Moslem, Athiest, even Wickan (My daughter has adopted the wicken religon so I have studied it to help me understand more. It's not what popular belief makes it out to be). Hmm we don't have any Quakers, i wonder why? (LOL)(Whew this paragraph has really been rambling).

My point for the last paragraph. We had a staff meeting and SMILE sat in on it one day (for those of you that don't know SMILE he is our highest ranking member Semi-Pro E). We asked for his opinion on something and his perspective was very different from ours, he opened ours eyes a little. SMILE lives in the Netherland, he is multi-lingual, very computer literate, and a well educated gentleman (watch out ladies he likes to flirt, but I think he is harmless, that new ferrari may tell us different, lol). He has the diffrent perspective we needed to keep us in line. We asked him to join our staff and he accepted.

EVERYTHING we do, we do as a democratic Guild, No decisions are made until the staff has their input and voted on. We have only booted 3 people from the guild all for diffrent reasons, all were voted out, not just kicked out on a whim of anger. Everything from setting up Guild tournys to Guild Vs Guild (Which a couple are being setup as we speak)we vote. For instance we were challenged one night by the A2A guild, what a fiasco, they were all calculator weilding cheats. I got in trouble and threatened because I asked them "Why ask an honest guild to tourny if your just going to cheat?" The roof fell in, they threatened me with the Albatross18 Management for disrespecting their guild. I guess they were surprized when I said "Oh, Please do" There GL apologized a dozen times and said he didnt know scientific calculators were not allowed. I Should have waited and voted as Brad knew about them and we wouldn't have accepted.

We have said it from day one, the Guild is not "our guild (Mine, Brads, or the staff) it's OURs as in the members. Without you we wouldn't have a guild, not just you as a member but attitude towards your fellow members and dedication. Some call it a family, I might not go that far (There are members of my family I dont like lol). You have an idea tell us so we all can work on it to make it happen. You have a problem? Tell us so we can help.

I know you can get angry at someone and you want action taken to fix your anger but without proof of a wrong doing we cant do anything. We can't act on a "say so". Don't point fingers at someone and say their a cheater and not have any proof. Yes a Rookie or even a Junior with 200 HIO is indication that are cheaters, heck even SMILE only has 200 HIO. But, if you dont have any proof don't accuse someone as a cheater. One of our members was banned from ALBATROSS18 for accusing someone being a cheater.

Tired of reading? Last paragraph promise. NOW I must ask a favor of each and everyone of you.....Kinda goes back to the anger issue I just talked about. It has to do with Tattling. Most of us here are adults and yes we have a very few young adults but the tattling on each other has to stop. No names, but a for instance "Hey Keno, Brad bought Kerry Kooh, i think Kerry is begging. You have to do something about it." IF Kerry really was begging it is against guild rules and frowned upon, but "I think?" isn't proof. PLEASE it drives each and everyone of us crazy 10 or 12 times a day someone is angry or feels slighted and they want to tell on someone. Come on folks we're adults here, 344 people telling on each other will drive us bonkers. Remember this is a FREE game, None of us pay a dime to play it, we are all here to have FUN and relax, (and yes some of us to fulfil our Alba addiction). If some one pisses you off just dont play them anymore but don't tattle to staff on the small stuff.

Anyway thats the end of the insane ramblings of a madman, (should i publish it lol). See Keno your not the only one that rambles LOL.

The Ponderings of the Admin Staff (Everyone read Please) Signature

Last edited by on Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MANAE
Admin
Admin
MANAE

Female
Number of posts : 138
Registration date : 2007-04-24

PostSubject: Re: The Ponderings of the Admin Staff (Everyone read Please)   The Ponderings of the Admin Staff (Everyone read Please) Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2007 12:36 pm

A added thought please remember if you whisper to a staff member and and is not immediately anwsered it doesnt mean you are being ignored. I for one am usually anwsering someone else. Also if you ask me to play I almost always do unless I have a different game going. For those of you who know me I have a long standing game I play almost everynight with 3 other members so keep this in mind. Cya in the game. Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Ponderings of the Admin Staff (Everyone read Please)   The Ponderings of the Admin Staff (Everyone read Please) Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2007 4:22 pm

just 3 lol
i think is kool kerry
Back to top Go down
MANAE
Admin
Admin
MANAE

Female
Number of posts : 138
Registration date : 2007-04-24

PostSubject: Re: The Ponderings of the Admin Staff (Everyone read Please)   The Ponderings of the Admin Staff (Everyone read Please) Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2007 7:13 pm

I always try to make time for you my son Razz
Back to top Go down
maddog1976
Senior
Senior
maddog1976

Male
Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2007-05-17

PostSubject: The Ponderings of the Admin Staff (Everyone read Please)   The Ponderings of the Admin Staff (Everyone read Please) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2007 1:26 am

I see you have alot on your mind and I feel that the truth was spoken and will be recieved by all.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/maddogoftheunderworld
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Ponderings of the Admin Staff (Everyone read Please)   The Ponderings of the Admin Staff (Everyone read Please) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Ponderings of the Admin Staff (Everyone read Please)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Angels Of Pangya Den :: Guild Info-
Jump to: